"A visit to the zoo is just the beginning. Contributing your knowledge, experience and gifts enhances the zoo for both animals and visitors, and being part of the zoo community adds a new kind of wealth to your own life." Explore the many ways to get involved:
- Landscaping Tools: Rake, Shovel, Wheel Barrel, Commercial grade garden/water hose.
- Cleaning Supplies: Bleach, Scrub brushes, Towels.
- Enrichment: 'Heavy duty' animal toys, example: Balls, Bowling Pins, Child Toys age 0-3 years, Chew Toys, Puzzle Feeders.
- Grocery store gift cards: Purchasing of fruits and vegetables for the animals.
- Building supplies: wood, screws, nails, hammers, electric tools.
These are examples of donations, if you believe you have something that would be useful to the zoo please speak to a zookeeper.
Any donation made will benefit the Zoo's animals. Zookeeper staff will distribute enrichment items and funds based on greatest need.
Enrichment provides physically and mentally stimulating toys, activities and environments for our animals. Enrichment gives animals the opportunity to use their natural abilities and behaviors in new and exciting ways.
The zoo is always looking for volunteers pick up your application at the gift shop or at the zookeeper office.
To volunteer as a zookeeper assistant you must be at least 16 years of age. duties will include anything from washing dishes, assistants with animal restraint
adopt aN animal
A yearly adoption for any of the animals at the zoo.
Become a member
zoo members get discounts and into the zoo free.
sponsor special events.